More recipes like this at Kath Eats Real Food.
Baked Oatmeal Snack Bars
Recipe type: snack
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped walnuts [or any nuts you like]
- ½ cup dried fruit (any you like – raisins, cranberries, dates, figs)
- ¼ cup seeds (any you like – sunflower, pumpkin, flax, sesame)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1.25 cups skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Pour wet into dry. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a 9×9 baking dish either coated in cooking spray or lined with parchment.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cut into 9 squares.
Makes 9 servings . [Cut into 12 squares reduces calories to about 125 calories per square] While delicious, the only sweetness in these comes from the dried fruit. Add in ¼ – ½ cup brown sugar if you like. The variations are endless: cranberries, coconut, all kinds of dried fruit, nuts, etc.
Calories: 170 Fiber: 3 grams Protein: 5 grams