Our farmer sent some info on the sweet potatoes we’ve been getting.
- The dark–orange/red skin dark orange flesh – Beauregard (my fav & great for making pie & biscuits),
- light almost white tan skin – smooth – white Haman (a gourmet delight – hard to find in regular stores),
- gold skin/gold flesh – Puerto Rico,
- lighter gold – longer shape – centennial,
- gold/gold – kind of round shape – gold mar,
- almost purple skin, white flesh – Japanese (or some call them Hawaiian)
I am pretty sure we have put a selection of all of these in the boxes in the past few weeks
The essential key here is – they are freshly dug – not stored –
We eat them for breakfast – I can go all day on a medium sweet potato – so fresh there is not even a need for butter – but that is always nice
Note: the above photo is a random shot I found online, not actual veggies from our CSA.